MagSoc is now accepting applications to conduct our Michaelmas concert, which will take place in West Road Concert Hall on the evening of Wednesday 1st December! The deadline for applications will be 24th September, after which the applications will be circulated and a vote will be held to select the conductor and repertoire for this concert.
Applications should be for a complete concert programme, but may be made jointly (i.e. a shared application between multiple conductors taking different parts of the concert) if you wish. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
– Your name and the names of any other conductors involved
– The repertoire you are proposing including lengths of pieces (for any modern repertoire, include how you would obtain parts/gain permission/etc.)
– A brief overview of how you will plan for COVID safety
– If your programme includes a concerto or similar, the names of any soloists (you need not provide names of vocal soloists for choral works at this point)
– If your programme includes a new composition, the name of the composer
– Who will conduct the Thursday evening MagSoc Chorus rehearsals, if not yourself
– A full description of the instrumental and vocal forces required for your programme
Please be aware that programmes should normally be between 90 and 110 minutes long, and some or all of the programme should involve the MagSoc Chorus. Please also note that while status as a current student at Queens’ is not a prerequisite for applying, if multiple competitive applications are received preference may be shown towards providing opportunities for Queens’ students and with a more realistic plan of action regarding COVID.
We look forward to receiving your applications!